Monday, June 15, 2009

That Snus Guy is home! Get ready for more in-depth reviews and news of the trip!

Welcome back Snustopians!

It was with a heavy heart that I had to say “good bye” yesterday to, quite possibly, the most wonderful and informative trip I’ve ever made in one of the most beautiful cities I’ve ever been to, Gothenburg, Sweden. In the next couple of weeks, I’ll be posting articles that revolve around the tours and the trip it’s self. Since I’ve taken so many pictures, you may have noticed that the only pictures on the slideshow are of the town it’s self. As I sort thru all of them, I promise I’ll get them up! I would have Twittered more but unfortunately, the Twitter app on my iPhone decided it wasn’t going to work but, even if it had worked, there was just so much information to give you all, it would have not made sense anyway! But there is a little I’d like to tell you until I get a full review up this week…..



What I can tell you now is that the town of Gothenburg (or Göteborg, as it’s spelled in Swedish) is a very beautiful city as you can see by the pictures in the slideshow. It’s also a relatively young city by European standards. Founded in 1621, Gothenburg has a few period defensive garrisons that kept the invading Danes at bay in the later part of the 1600’s. The architecture in the main part of the city is from the 1700’s and most of the restaurants and night life center around the city’s main street called Kungsportsavenyn or “Avenyn”, The Avenue in English.

“Hey Snus Guy! Sounds like all you did was walk around and eat! What else did you do?” While we did do a lot of walking, we did meet some great people in Gothenburg and made some good friends as well. The people in Gothenburg take a lot of pride in their city and in their work as well. This is evident in the Swedish Match plants that we toured. In the first review I do, you’ll see just why Swedish Match’s snus brands are so popular but the biggest thing that makes it so, is the people that make it! Everyone at both Swedish Match plants, from the plant executives to the men and women on the line, are extremely passionate about what they do and take great pride in explaining each step in the process and their part in it!

In the first review, we’ll meet some of these people so I’ll stop here for now. It’s been a pretty exhausting week and I don’t want to spoil anything by not being prepared for the next review. I do want to say, to those Snustopians from Gothenburg, thank you for a memorable experience and all the information about what makes your snus so special!

Until our next review Snustopians,

Happy Snusing!

That Snus Guy

No comments: